Whew! We finally arrived home after a full week at Edisto Beach and then a three day whirlwind at the SC Book Festival. Mom and Dad (Kate and Jim) have been going to this festival for about 10 years now, and this being only my second year attending with Warbranch Press, I really wasn't sure what to expect.
So, here are MY (Salley's) Top Moments at the SC Book Festival:
1) Getting to hear political satirist Christopher Buckley speak and then talk with him about his own appearance on The Colbert Report. (Number One on my bucket list is to meet and talk with Stephen Colbert.)
2) Meeting the aid to Representative Jim Clyburn of SC. He is a delightful person and facilitated a quick introduction with the Congressman and his lovely wife. What a treat!
3) Having breakfast with Mary Alice Monroe - a national bestselling author who uses the power of stories to raise awareness about issues including the plight of sea turtles and dolphins. I am excited to learn more about her work and read her books!
4) Presenting alongside Mom (Kate Salley Palmer) about the Kickstarter Project we did to publish I Know Santa Very Well. Our crowd was small, but it gave us a chance to get to know our audience and also have them connect with each other! We received such positive feedback from the attendees and I look forward to hearing how they are progressing in their creative endeavors!
5) Meeting and chatting with authors and artists who have the same struggles and challenges. Sharing ideas, developing friendships, and inspiring others as they inspire me. I consider myself so fortunate to have been a part of the 2014 Book Festival!
Check out our pics below and click on the Kickstarter Pic to download a PDF of our presentation!